Which skill have you developed?

Jeremy

May 31, 2022
The skill I believe my business has helped me develop is being able to communicate clearly and effectively with a variety of different people. I've had to learn how to speak to people who are interested in the same thing you are, but don't necessarily have the same background knowledge or skills as you do. I've also had to learn how to speak with people who aren't interested at all, and convince them that what I'm saying is worth their time.

It's difficult sometimes because it's really easy for me, as an expert on this topic, to get caught up in my own enthusiasm and forget that others may not be as excited about it as I am. This can lead me down paths where I'm talking too fast or using jargon that's too complicated for someone new or unfamiliar with the subject matter. So it's really important for me to check in with myself frequently and ask: "Am I explaining this well enough? Or should I take another approach?"

In addition, communication is key when working with others on projects. It's important for everyone involved in a project (not just myself) to be clear about what they're doing so no one steps on each other's toes or does something wrong by accident.