Why are you holding out on buying dividend stocks?

Sam007

Sep 14, 2022
I'm holding out on buying dividend stocks because I don't want to be a jerk. I mean, sure, they're great for those who want to get paid by corporations to own their stock, but I don't think it's fair for companies to pay shareholders when they're making money off of other people's labor. I know it might sound like I'm being dramatic, but it's just not right.

If you look at the U.S. as a whole, about half of all income goes toward paying for goods and services that were produced by other people. And then when we pay our taxes (which is income from us), we're essentially paying ourselves back—which means that most of the money that we earn is actually just going back into our pockets.

Baldric

Sep 22, 2022
Personally, i hold out on buying dividend stocks because I'm a visionary :) Dividend stocks are the future, and I want to be there when it happens.

It's already started: companies are realizing that people don't want to work for them anymore—they want to work for themselves. That's why we're seeing so many startups offering equity in exchange for services like ridesharing or video streaming. And it's not just startups—even big companies like Google are getting into the game.