If you could only invest in one type of stock, would it be a dividend stock or a growth stock?

Jeremy

May 31, 2022
If you could only invest in one type of stock, would it be a dividend stock or a growth stock?

Sam007

Sep 14, 2022
I would choose growth stocks. I think that if you are investing for the long term, growth stocks are the way to go. They can give you more value over time because they have room to grow and continue to increase in value over time.

If you choose dividend stocks, you will have less potential for growth over time, because the company pays out dividends instead of reinvesting into itself and growing its business. Growth stocks pay out less in dividends than other companies do, so it means that they reinvest more into themselves, which will lead to higher earnings down the road.

Baldric

Sep 22, 2022
I would go for Dividend stocks. I'm going to assume that you're asking this question because you're looking for a way to make the most money from your investments. If that's the case, then the answer is pretty clear: dividend stocks are more likely to provide higher returns than growth stocks. This is because companies that pay out higher dividends usually have better financials—meaning they're more stable and less likely to go under—and so they tend to outperform their peers in terms of market performance.

I'd also like to point out that while there are plenty of growth stocks out there that pay dividends, many dividend-paying companies don't grow fast enough to keep up with inflation. So if you're looking for a way to build wealth over time through investing in stocks and bonds, then dividend stocks are definitely what you should consider first.