Should there be regulation for cryptocurrency?

Alex_BM

Sep 10, 2022
I think there should be some level of regulation for cryptocurrency. I believe this because I believe that the lack of regulation has created a false sense of security for those who are using crypto.

Without regulation, people can easily get scammed out of their money without any recourse. This is especially true for people who are new to crypto and don't understand how it works. They are often targeted by scammers who claim to have insider information or other ways to make them rich quick. In reality, these people are just trying to steal your money.

With regulation, there would be some sort of accountability for companies and individuals selling cryptocurrency related products or services. This would make it easier for consumers to identify scams and avoid them altogether instead of getting duped into buying something they don't need or want because they were tricked into believing it was something else entirely. This also means that there would be more transparency in the industry as well as better protections against fraudsters trying to scam you out of your hard earned money.

Maryline54

Sep 10, 2022
Yes, there should be regulation for cryptocurrency. I don't mean to sound like a buzzkill, but if you've been following the news, you know that crypto has been used for some pretty nefarious purposes—including money laundering and funding terrorism. And while these are just a few of the problems we're seeing right now, it's not hard to imagine what might happen if this unregulated currency becomes more widely used.

If we want to protect consumers who might be investing their savings into cryptocurrencies without knowing what they're getting into, then it makes sense to regulate them so that they can be trusted by the general public.

Katarina

Sep 18, 2022
Yeah this need to be at least some level accountabilities so that the high levels of scams that are present now don't happen as often.