What do you think is the most important skill for a real estate agent?

Alex_BM

Sep 10, 2022
I think the most important skill for a real estate agent is the ability to listen. Real estate agents need to be able to listen closely to what their clients want, and adapt their services accordingly. They also need to be able to listen closely and respond appropriately when they're with their clients—for example, if they say something like "I know exactly what I want," an agent should not try to dissuade them by saying things like "But how do you know? You might not be able to afford it!" Instead, they should help the client explore all of their options in an open-minded way.

The ability to listen is also crucial when working with other agents, as well as with other professionals like lawyers and inspectors. This skill will help you build relationships with your colleagues and make sure that everyone involved has the best chance at getting what they want out of selling or buying a home.

Maryline54

Sep 10, 2022
Sure, as Alex says, I also think communication is the most important skill for a real estate agent. If you're not able to communicate clearly and effectively with your clients, they aren't going to trust you—and they definitely won't hire you. It's all about building trust with your clients, and that can't happen if you don't understand how to communicate with them.

Real estate agents are often working with people who are nervous about the process of buying or selling their homes. If the agent doesn't understand how to put those people at ease and make them feel comfortable, then they're going to lose business fast.