What does it mean to you to "manage your money"?

Kevin_mat

Sep 14, 2022
What does it mean to you to "manage your money"?
To me, managing my money means being in control. I am able to make the choices that will help me reach my goals, and I have a clear idea of how I can get there. That's what it means to me.

I think it's important to be able to manage your money because it gives you freedom. You're not tied down by financial obligations or mortgages. You can do whatever makes you happy and feel like an independent adult who is making their own decisions about their life and career path.

I think this applies very much so in real life situations because if you don't manage your money well enough, then one day you'll have a huge bill due at once and it will be hard for you to pay off on time or even at all if you're not careful enough with your spending habits.

Maryline54

Sep 10, 2022
Managing my money means keeping track of how much money I am spending, as well as ensuring that I have enough to cover my expenses and save for the future. It also means that when I'm spending money, I'm making sure that what I'm buying is worth it—I don't want to waste money on things that are not important or useful to me.

The thing is, if someone offered me a random piece of gum from their bag, I would probably decline because there are so many things that need to be paid for (like rent) and there's no reason for me to waste my money on something like gum when there's no nutritional value in it. However, if someone offered me an apple (which is full of nutrients), then that would probably be okay because apples are healthy and nutritious.

Alex_BM

Sep 10, 2022
To me, managing my money means being intentional with every penny that comes in and goes out. It means budgeting, saving, and investing for the future. And it means being mindful of my spending habits so that I can live within my means and enjoy financial stability today and down the road.

Katarina

Sep 18, 2022
A mix of cash on hand for emergencies and maybe investment into things that pay either dividends or increase passive cash flow.