What was your experience like when you first bought cryptocurrency?

Caseyjones

Sep 22, 2022
I bought my first cryptocurrency in the winter of 2017. I had heard about it for years, but I just never got around to it. I was a young professional in New York City, and I'd been told that the crypto world was full of hackers and criminals—and that no one really understood what they were doing.

I finally decided to take the plunge after seeing a friend's post on Facebook about how she'd made almost $300 by investing in Ethereum. She said she was using Coinbase as her exchange platform, so I went ahead and signed up for an account.

I remember feeling excited and nervous at the same time—excited because this could be my big break into the world of investing; nervous because I didn't know if it would work out or if there would be any consequences (like my credit card being hacked).

Luckily for me (and for other people who have since followed in my footsteps), everything went smoothly! Within a few weeks, my investment had doubled in value, so I decided to sell some of it back into dollars and reinvest again.

Jeremy

May 31, 2022
I was a little apprehensive at first, but after doing some research I realized that cryptocurrency is the future of money. So I decided to buy a little bit of Bitcoin and Ethereum.

At first, it was a little confusing to buy and store cryptocurrency, but eventually I got the hang of it. And now I'm glad I bought in when I did, because the value of Bitcoin and Ethereum has skyrocketed in recent months.

David Viera

Sep 22, 2022
I was a little late to the game, so I didn't really experience the initial rush of buying cryptocurrency. But once I did, it was incredible!

I remember that first time—it was a Friday night and I had just gotten my paycheck. I was sitting at home in front of my computer watching YouTube videos about cryptocurrency trading, when suddenly it hit me: "I can buy some now!"

So I went on Coinbase and bought $100 worth of Bitcoin. Then I went back to watching YouTube videos while waiting for my money to arrive in my Coinbase account. When it did, I clicked on the "Buy/Sell" button and… nothing happened! It said: "You cannot purchase this product."

I thought maybe it was because I was using a credit card instead of a debit card (the only payment method available at the time), so I went ahead and bought $100 worth of Litecoin instead (because it seemed like a safer bet).

And then… nothing happened again! It wouldn't let me purchase anything with either currency. I waited until Monday morning, when customer service would be open again, and called them up while they were having their morning coffee break.

Kevin_mat

Sep 14, 2022
When I first bought cryptocurrency, it felt like a huge gamble. I didn't know anything about the technology, and I didn't know if it was going to be valuable or not.

But then one day, I went to a meetup for people who were interested in cryptocurrency and blockchain technology. And I learned about all these amazing things that are going on with cryptocurrencies: how they can help you protect your privacy, how they can help you have more control over your own data, and how they can even help you save money when shopping online.

And after that, my attitude changed from "this is a gamble" to "this is an investment." :)