What was your first experience with cryptocurrency like?

Caseyjones

Sep 22, 2022
What was your first experience with cryptocurrency like?
My first experience with cryptocurrency was like a scene from a movie. It was the summer of 2011, and I was in my basement with a group of friends. We'd just gotten our first computers and were playing video games for hours on end—we didn't know what else to do with them!

I remember one day when one of my friends said he had found out about this thing called Bitcoin, and he wanted to get involved. He said that it was going to change the world and make us all rich, so we should get in early.

We didn't really believe him—after all, how could something so small change the world? But then he showed us how much money he had made off of it just by buying some coins when they were cheap and selling them when they went up in price (he'd bought them with his parents' credit card).

We were blown away. I mean, how could something so small be worth so much? And why hadn't anyone told us about it before? We started asking around at school if anyone else knew about this crazy new thing called Bitcoin, but no one did.