What was your first investment vehicle?

Alex B.

Sep 18, 2022
It was small clothing business I started with my brother of flipping luxury brand goods to buyers in countries in Asia. And even had some of our best clients be from the UK

Reactions: Baldric

David Viera

Sep 22, 2022
Surprisingly, my first investment vehicle was a savings account. I wanted to save up money so that I could buy a car, so I started putting $50 a week into my savings account and then spent some of the money on something fun. When the car was paid for, I put all of the extra money back into the account. That way, by the time I graduated from high school, I had enough saved up to buy a really nice car.

Now that I'm older, I invest in stocks and bonds because they have more potential to grow than savings accounts do. But even though there's more risk involved with investing in stocks and bonds, it's still important not to invest too much of your money in them—you need something safe in case things go wrong.

Baldric

Sep 22, 2022
It was small clothing business I started with my brother of flipping luxury brand goods to buyers in countries in Asia. And even had some of our best clients be from the UK
I like this idea. My first investment vehicle was a mutual fund. I had been contributing money to it for a few years and had built up a decent balance, so when the stock market crashed in 2008, I decided to sell off my stocks and buy into a bond fund. That turned out to be a wise decision, as the bond fund fared much better than the stock market in the following years.